What’s for dinner? If you have one of our Healthy Options Meal Plans, this week you’d be having Swai in Lemon “Cream Sauce.” Why is cream in quotations? Should you be nervous? No, you should be salivating! We had it last night and I would’ve taken a picture for you, but it mysteriously disappeared (into my belly).
Our house is lactose intolerant but we love cream type sauces. This swai is cooked quickly in a skillet, and then uses the liquid from cooking the fish, almond milk, and lemon juice to create a lemon “cream sauce.” Although it is not in season, I’ve paired it with a cucumber, as the crisp, cool cucumber offsets the buttery aspects of the fish. Enjoy!
Swai in Lemon “Cream Sauce”
In Season: Lemon
Prep Time: 5 Minutes; Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 Swai Fillets
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Lemon
- 2-3 Tbsp. Almond Milk
- ¼ Cucumber
- Thin slice cucumbers.
- Grease a skillet with vegetable oil.
- Place swai fillets in medium heat skillet.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and pan fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip and add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the other side.
- Pan fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Pierce the fillet in a thicker place to make sure it is white all the way through.
- If it is still pink, continue to cook until done.
- Place cooked fillets on plates.
- In same pan, add one tbsp. butter, and juice lemon into the pan.
- Allow to sizzle/simmer for a minute.
- Add two to three tablespoons of almond milk.
- Whisk into a sauce and pour over the fish.
- Serve with cucumber on the side.